Sunday, October 24, 2010

Murdered The Murdered Self (The While That I Hopefully Said It All)

While I had the guts to look
While they were still raw visible from roots
While I knew that there were still more
While I had forgotten about lore

While reason had turned it's back on me
While I could speak the words "I am sorry"
While I was running out of anyone to blame
While I admit that it was me who brought myself shame

While my guard had gone so weak and my pride was sore
While I could tell that my stories were such a bore
While I could no longer tolerate the pain of the consequences I deserve
While I knew the fact that I must not be heard

While I could still recognize my mistakes
While I could take the truth that I believe was fake
While I allowed myself to regret how I have been
While I could remind myself that I didnt have a dream

While I knew that I was powerless to stop
While I could no longer hold my demons up
While I could drain everything until there was nothing left
While I could define myself when I was someone else

No comments:

Post a Comment